Sunday, August 24, 2008

Crushed Toes

Today being a Sunday, I go to church like always. I'm in Sunday School, with a new teacher because my old teacher had to move because God called him the Colorado Springs. Imagine that! He took one of my best friends with him! Anyway, this new Sunday School teacher, whom I will not mention his name is just a young pup, and I love him dearly! We are learning the 7 Deadly Sins. The last couple of weeks have been really good. I have been telling everyone what a great job he is doing and that they should come to class. Attendance really dropped once the other guy left. Well today attendance was double. Of course, TODAY attendance was double. We are talking about the 7 deadly sins, Beattitudes, Armor of God, Fruit of the Spirit, etc. How the conversation got to this next thing I do not know but let me tell you it was quite uncomfortable for me! It did not just step on my toes, it crushed my toes! The are still sore and black and blue!!! It came up about being slothful and we all know what that means but it was being discussed that if you let your house become cluttered and not kept that you were slothful and that is sinning against God. Of my!!! I pride myself in not drinking, cursing, smoking, watching rated "R" movies, being nice to people, trying to control my temper so I do not ruin my witness, setting a positive example to teens, being a good mother, being a good friend, try to be a good wife, go to church, tithe, volunteer my time in the youth, etc. Now I am learning that because my house is a mess that I am a lazy beast and I am sinning? That was pretty humbling. I have spent so much time outside of my home doing for others that I have let my house go, the home that God blessed me with. Where is my self control? Just when we think we are pleasing God, he shows us an area we need to clean up. Today, I came home and spent all afternoon scrubbing and organizing my bathroom. One room at a time, I will get control of my house because God has blessed me so abundantly. While I am cleaning, I will take that time to praise him, talk to him, and drawer closer to him. Please pray for me because this is not going to be easy for me. When someone ask me to do something for them, I will want to say yes, or I will want to find something else to do, so I ask that all who reads this to please lift me up in prayer. Love ya!

1 comment:

Brook said...

I will be praying for you...what a hard lesson. I think a lot of people would have left that class offended and not willing to do anything but that's what I love about you Renee-you are not afraid to admit areas where you are being challenged by God. And what are you doing about it??---scrubbing floors! Good for you. I'm not sure if I still have it, but I used to have a book titled, God, Meet Me in the Laudnry Room. It's about using every opportunity to talk to God. This mom of too many kids to count had tons of laundry to do every day. So she decided to hang up reminders and scripturs in her laundry room and it became an ongoing meeting with God. She started praying every time she was cleaning...like praying for the person who's room she was vacuuming. Look it up on Amazon and get it....you would like it:) Thanks for sharing how God is streaching/cleaning you!! Love you!