Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Taking a break!

You are all at Youth right now and I am suppose to be studying! I have studied for two hours and I hit a wall of frustration and had to take a break! I came to check our blog sites and this was such a breath of fresh air. First, I see that Ty has accomplished his first blog and wrote such nice things and then I read Paige's blog about the Women's Retreat along with Brook's comment. I knew Saturday night when my mom called that I had missed a great thing but Sunday I was hit with several of my friends that I bonded with last year at the retreat that said it was so good. I vow to never miss another Women's Retreat again. I normally go to all of these type of things but Dawson had a Winter Guard Competition here this weekend that Ty and I had to work at and we had not seen him perform at any of them yet because they have all been out of town and we have been bad broke parents and have not traveled to them. So, I had already committed to work this event earlier in the year. I get there 30 minutes early to find out it has been cancelled due to the weather. This just makes it worse now knowing what all I missed! It never crossed my mind to go on to the retreat Saturday because I was suffereing from a migraine that I had all week. I even hosted a house full of people Friday night with the migraine! (which I enjoyed despite the pain!) I can't get the weekend back or the speaker back but I have learned that it is ok to put my needs first sometimes and tell people NO even if it involves kids and take a much needed ladies weekend for myself! I will be with the ladies next year!

2 comments:

Paige said...

Amen Sister! If you do not plan on going to the women's retreat next year, then remember this...I will be planning a little game of Capture the Flag, but only I will change the rules and it will become Capture the Renee! Then I will drag my flag, oops I mean I will drag my Renee all the way to the Austin Hotel! LOL I think we are going to try to get a spa package next year! Hopefully it will be very relaxing and it will not consist of anything having to do with the Velda Rose!

Brook said...

yes, paige, no more velda rose!
Renee, you did miss a great reatreat, but we all know how fast 12 months can go by. don't forget we're going on a beach reteat this summer!!